USPL Reviews Provided by
Lake Lodge Cabins
sdm7201 from: Tampa, Florida
Published Date: Sep, 25, 2023 Travel Date: Sep, 1, 2023 Rating: 2
Warning Before booking: totally unplugged and unfriendly
This property has so much potential but it was obvious to us no effort was put into making guests comfortable. No basic amenities are available other than a small bed in a tiny but cute room. No tv, no hair dryer and no room for luggage. With very limited eating options, and dietary restrictions, we had leftovers we planned on eating, but found out when we arrived no microwave was available. The employees we asked said they get that question all the time. How hard is it to add one microwave for guests? What do families do with babies? The grounds were so unkept. Potholes were everywhere and toilets sitting outside cabins during renovations. Wi-Fi was only available in the lobby area. Rooms are priced too high for what you get! It is evident these properties take advantage of guests because demand outweighs supply. Shame on management!
- Value: 1
- Location: 1
- Service: 2
G8753RCrebeccar from: Shreveport, Louisiana
Published Date: Sep, 21, 2023 Travel Date: Sep, 1, 2023 Rating: 4
Cozy and Efficient
These cabins are small and efficient. They are clean and cozy. No amenities, we recommend purchasing an electric cooler to keep your drinks, lunchmeat, etc in your room. Plenty of drawers to unpack if you wish. As others have said, no a/c, tv, etc - but you won't need it. Yellowstone is cool at night, almost cold - and the heater does work. I recommend these cabins.
- Value: 4
- Location: 4
- Service: 4
Kathy W from:
Published Date: Sep, 14, 2023 Travel Date: Sep, 1, 2023 Rating: 2
I have never been more disappointed! Although these “cabins” are in Yellowstone for over $400 a night I expected more. It felt more like staying at a bad summer camp. There was construction going on both in front and back of the room which made for no peaceful setting at all. The beds didn’t even have fitted sheets and the one on it was too short. The walls are super thin and you could hear everything going on in the next room. The road to the “cabin” was not paved and had huge holes that could truly tear up your car. Then when trying to leave the next morning, way before check out, we were asked how much longer we would be so they could clean the room. It was just sad!! Save your money and pick somewhere else to stay because this one was not anything like the pictures or description showed.
jyh0007 from: California
Published Date: Aug, 28, 2023 Travel Date: Aug, 1, 2023 Rating: 5
We loved it, except for one annoying issue w/ Management
We loved our Western 2 Queen cabin at Lake Lodge Cabins, and it was far better than I expected based on the negative reviews on Tripadvisor. To be clear, these aren't luxury cabins, but if you're looking for a secluded, quiet, rustic yet comfortable feel, this is the perfect place for you. We did experience one annoying issue though...
* Our Western pet friendly cabin was huge yet cozy, comfortably furnished, and exceeded my expectations. Our cabin was in the very back in the H-block and felt very private. It felt a bit like summer camp for adults, but far more comfortable.
* Terrific location close to major Yellowstone attractions, yet quiet and secluded.
* The night sky here was magical and incredible. Thanks to the secluded location and dim lighting, you can see the Milky Way clearly on a moon-less summer night.
* Very pet-friendly: our dog enjoyed staying here, and it was very easy and quick to order takeout from Wylie's Canteen. The menu there is very limited, and they don't really pack food for takeout, but I just brought my own bag and took the food to our cabin. Wylie's opening hours are fairly generous, though they kept on running out of items on the menu.
* Maintenance decided to turn off the water at 10:30AM one day, and the electricity the other day, without any warning to the guests. I had to hike back to the lobby (because there are no phones) and ask the Front Desk Manager if the water was supposed to be off, and she casually replied "yeah, it's just temporary", and she didn't know when it would be back on. I HOPE it would only be temporary! We had to use the bathroom in the lobby and couldn't have our showers as a result, and we ended up just leaving for the day and hoping the water would be back by the time we returned. The manager also didn't seem super concerned or make any effort to remedy the inconvenience to guests.
Overall we have fond memories of this place (except for the no water issue), and would definitely return next time we're in Yellowstone. Hopefully Management reads this and improves their training.
- Value: 5
- Location: 5
- Service: 3
N8887KBdeborahk from: Mindemoya, Canada
Trip Type: Couples
Published Date: Aug, 23, 2023 Travel Date: Aug, 1, 2023 Rating: 4
Lake lodge Cabin 1 full size bed
Newly Renovated Cabin!
What a surprise when we opened the door, there is all new carpet, new full size log bed. Two nice log style chairs. Fresh decor, vaulted ceilings, cool slide open windows. Sparkling clean bathroom. We could park right by our door. We had cabin C13. Just a quick walk to the lodge. The lodge had a bar, gift shop, ice, and a cafeteria style restaurant. Great View of the lake from the lodge.