USPL Reviews Provided by
Holiday Inn Express Grand Canyon
meganmT6470WX from: Freedom, Wisconsin
Trip Type: Family
Published Date: Feb, 14, 2019 Travel Date: Feb, 1, 2019 Rating: 5
Kids Suite - Worth the Price
Stayed 2 nights while in the area to visit the GC. If you are traveling with young kids, spend the extra $ for the kids suite! The room is very spacious, separate room for the kids & adults, plus a small kitchen/living room area for socializing. The staff was friendly, rooms were clean, showers were hot & a nice breakfast area. Can’t ask for much more!
Dramadawg from: Usa
Published Date: Feb, 12, 2019 Travel Date: Jan, 1, 2019 Rating: 5
Overnight stay at the Holiday Inn Express
Mt family and I had a day trip and overnighter at the Grand Canyon. We chose to book at the Holiday Inn Express because we have stayed in this hotel chain in the past, and never been disappointed. This particular hotel is only minutes from the South Rim entrance of the GC. The hotel staff was excellent. The desk Clerk Chris welcomed us with a smile. He was able to give us good information on the GC and local places to eat. He mentioned I was an IHG Member and also a military retiree, which got me the lowest discounted rate. Excellent customer service Chris! Also kudos to Ms. Imelda in the dining facility. She really goes out of her way to welcome guests as well as showing them around and trying to sit everyone. The food was great! I can only say that if we make it back to the Grand Canyon, we will be staying here again.
DanaAU from: Huntsville, Alabama
Trip Type: Friends getaway
Published Date: Feb, 11, 2019 Travel Date: Feb, 1, 2019 Rating: 5
Great hotel right outside GC
My friend and I stayed here for two nights as we were visiting Grand Canyon. I pretty much never give five stars to anything because there’s always something to improve but this time, the HIE got it right! The location can’t be beat (about one mile from south entrance to the park) and the off season price was very reasonable. Check on was quick and easy. Breakfast was plentiful and good and the lady working (maybe Imelda from other reviews) was charming. The beds in the room were super comfortable and I loved the bath products. Water pressure and temp were awesome. So much better than other hotels I’ve stayed at. There is a mini fridge, microwave and Keurig in the room. There are several restaurants right by the hotel. Overall, it was about as good as we could ask for with this type of hotel. Very nice experience!
Lisa O from: Rosemount, Minnesota
Trip Type: Family
Published Date: Feb, 9, 2019 Travel Date: Feb, 1, 2019 Rating: 4
Very nice place
We stayed here for 3 nights (2/6 - 2/9) while visiting the Grand Canyon. The room was clean, the beds were very comfortable and they give you an option of a soft or firm pillow. Room size was good for the 2 queen standard room. Breakfast was the largest we have ever seen. Only issue was that 2 of the days there was nowhere to sit. They need to increase the size of the breakfast area. We ended up going at the end when there were less people so you could find a place to sit. Would recommend this hotel to anyone going to the South Rim Grand Canyon. Very nice place to stay.
- Sleep Quality: 4
- Cleanliness: 5
- Service: 5
tiggerqueensland from: Brisbane, Australia
Trip Type: Family
Published Date: Feb, 8, 2019 Travel Date: Feb, 1, 2019 Rating: 5
Perfect! 1 night stay.
We stayed overnight Feb 7-8, 2019.
The hotel is under construction but that had absolutely no impact on us at all.
- Staff were friendly & professional
- Staff recommended restaurants for dinner and have us coupons for discounts on meals
- we were given the option of level 1,2 or 3.
- we opted for level 3 and was given room #315
- our room was spacious, very clean
- all amenities as expected. The Keurig coffee want to our taste but that’s ok. Only real complaint was no milk for the coffee. My husband had to duck up to Texaco to purchase milk.
- water pressure in the shower was absolutely amazing!
- free onsite parking
- the hotel was busy, but no issues finding a park
- buffet style
- hot selections: scrambled eggs; turkey sausage patty; bacon; cinnamon scrolls; pancakes
- cold selections: boiled eggs; yoghurt
- mueslie; cereal; bread; bagels
- drinks: tea; coffee; hot chocolate; juice
And so much more!
- the staff were super friendly and ensured guests needs were met
- Outside the park in Tusayan
- in the summer you could catch the shuttle in to the park to save driving in to the park
- hotel is central to heaps of food places within walking distance
The staff were amazing
I would absolutely recommend this hotel for a short stay in Tusayan when visiting the Canyon.