USPL Reviews Provided by
Far View Lodge
Bettygwen from: Martinsville, Virginia
Published Date: Aug, 22, 2019 Travel Date: Aug, 1, 2019 Rating: 2
This is the worst place we’ve ever stayed in. The room hasn’t been updated in years. They still had sunlamps in the bathrooms. There was two doors, one of which the chain latch was broken. The room looked like it hadn’t been swept in at least a week. Didn’t get much sleep. Would not stay here again.
- Rooms: 1
- Sleep Quality: 2
- Service: 3
Celeste F from: Houston, United States
Published Date: Aug, 20, 2019 Travel Date: Aug, 1, 2019 Rating: 5
Best Way to Experience Mesa Verde
The Far View Lodge has that - far views - and more. The rooms are clean and comfortable but more rustic that the chain hotels. It is in the middle of the national park, so convenient to any hikes or drives you might want to take. It was great to be "unplugged" for a couple of nights. The food services available were from cafeteria-style to fine dining and all was very good. It was definitely worth the price.
- Value: 5
- Sleep Quality: 5
- Service: 5
MaximusGuinness from: Honolulu, Hawaii
Published Date: Aug, 11, 2019 Travel Date: Sep, 1, 2018 Rating: 4
Location, location, location!
We booked a Kiva room with two queen beds during our trip to Mesa Verde National Park in September 2018. The rooms were a bit small, but that is to be expected given its location in the park itself. We had a nice balcony that provided a pleasant breeze and nice sunsets, along with a visit from 2 deer in the evening.
We experienced good customer service and the location within the park can't be beat.
2) Close to nearby eateries
1) No laundry room on site - you have to drive about 12 miles or so to the Morefield campground.
2) Wifi service is virtually non-existent - you have to go into the lobby to get proper service.
3) Ice machines are not located near the rooms, but rather closer to the front entrance of the hotel.
We had a great time here and would visit again!
- Rooms: 4
- Location: 5
- Service: 4
Margaret R from: Los Angeles, California, United States
Published Date: Aug, 7, 2019 Travel Date: Jul, 1, 2019 Rating: 5
Worth the Price
Yes, we could have stayed in Cortez, but staying in the park was a lovely experience. The rooms are exactly as shown on the NP web site. All rooms have a balcony with beautiful views. My favorite memory of our 6-day road trip was sitting on the balcony and talking while I played my ukulele. I just wish our room had a full-length mirror. The mirror over the sink was so tall that I could only see my forehead.
- Value: 4
- Sleep Quality: 5
- Service: 4
Jessica S from:
Trip Type: Family
Published Date: Aug, 7, 2019 Travel Date: Aug, 1, 2019 Rating: 4
Incredible views if you get the right room (kiva deluxe)
If you stay here, please pay the extra money and get the Kiva deluxe rooms. The views are STUNNING. We WERE able to see a bit of a parking lot to our left, but 85% of our view, when on the balcony was unobstructed.
Things you need to know:
1. bring ear plugs. The walls are very thin and the rooms/balconies are right next to each other. If you have a loud group next to you, or above you, you will hear everything, and ear plugs take away that complaint.
2. If you arent acclimated to the altitude, you may have a tough time. We spent 4 days in Durango/Silverton before our stay and I'm so glad we did! I felt a little dizzy, but not too bad. This place is at around 8000 feet.
3. The rooms are small, and basic, but cute and rustic and we really enjoyed them. They had everything our family needed and a REAL 4 cup coffee pot with starbucks coffee!
4. If you have a basic room, you may not have a view at all. You may face a tree, bush, or another building. Be prepared. If you have a deluxe room that is to the side of the big 2 story building, you WILL see their porch lights at night, which are ridiculously bright, and I wish the management would change the type of bulb, or change their location. It makes it hard to see the stars. They're very bright.
5. This place, if you have a view, is a really cool experience. We loved it, even with the porch lights, and the loud neighbors.