USPL Reviews Provided by
Grand Canyon Plaza Hotel
Trip Type: Couples
Published Date: May, 27, 2020 Travel Date: May, 1, 2020 Rating: 2
We’ve stayed at this hotel before and had a pleasant experience, but this time around nothing was right in our room.
The faucet would just trickle water out on full blast, and spray water in every direction.
The refrigerator wasn’t functioning, but may be due to the fact that half the outlets in our room weren’t working. This also includes half the lights not working.
They hang the ironing board on the back of the door which prevents the door from opening all the way in an already small bathroom.
The bed was too small for the bed frame which caused it to stick out too far.
The coffee maker didn’t function properly, and they didn’t leave any soap in our room after they cleaned it. After telling the clerk in the morning she said nothing could be done at this time because we booked through a third party app, but the manager would be in at a later time.
Overall a far inferior stay this time around.
teddeyp from: Las Cruces, New Mexico
Published Date: Apr, 13, 2020 Travel Date: Mar, 1, 2020 Rating: 3
Good Choice On The Short Strip
Comfy beds, nice room. No microwave. Unique set up where the door faces out and the balcony faces in, however, our balcony door was locked. The bad thing about the room door on the outside is that if you use the indoor jacuzzi you'll have to walk outside to your room, I didn't see rooms to change. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
- Value: 3
- Location: 5
- Service: 5
VanBurenZgirl from: Van Buren
Published Date: Feb, 10, 2020 Travel Date: Jan, 1, 2020 Rating: 5
Nice room, no breakfast
This Hotel was very nice. Everything was very clean and the people at the desk were very nice. The, only, problem we had and we might have misunderstood what we were told. But, when we checked in, my husband asked if there was breakfast and the girl told him no but that we could go into the restaurant and eat there. The way she said it, he assumed we ate free. We did eat in the restaurant then went to check out. We were charged $29 for breakfast. So, just, be aware.
- Rooms: 5
- Cleanliness: 5
- Service: 5
Trip Type: Family
Published Date: Feb, 1, 2020 Travel Date: Jan, 1, 2020 Rating: 1
1. The room they gave us sink did not work (room not ready for guest) see photo below!
2. Went to front desk about problem and the moved us to another room.
3. Before we went up to the new room we decided to get a drink and something to eat at the bar. Another bad decision! Bartender was confused when I asked for a Tito’s and Lemonade! Pretty simple! Food was ok.
4. We then head up to the rooms to grab our stuff and go to the new one. Got our stuff out of the 1st room and headed to the new one to find out the keys they made didn’t work for it. I just about had it at this point.
5. Head back down to front desk (which is a pain in the butt). I asked the to just refund me that I had enough with this place. The lady at the desk did nothing to try and keep us there and seemed very unconcerned. Just told us that they can’t refund us because we booked it through orbitz. So we called Orbitz and they said they had to contact the hotel to confirm that we are canceling. So that happens and the front desk clerk comes back out to tell us that she did speak to Orbitz but she still can’t refund us because there is no Manager on Duty!!! Totally changed her story.
After a lengthy discussion with my family we decided to stay since we can’t be refunded.
6. 8:30 AM really loud knock on the door like the police are looking for a murder suspect. I mean multiple banging on the door... I go to the door and a guy says “oh just checking” and walks away!?!?!? Again this happens at 10:00 AM this time another guy says “oh sorry, housekeeping no rush.”
7. Trust me Stay Away from this place!!!!
Ohhh yeah been 4 days since we checked out and still haven’t received our deposit back yet!
Published Date: Jan, 17, 2020 Travel Date: Jan, 1, 2020 Rating: 3
We had a room by the hot tub. Music was so load we could hear every word of every song until it was turned off sometime after midnight. 50 dollar pet fee! Ate at the bar late and it was good food and good service.
- Rooms: 3
- Value: 3
- Service: 3